Aspect Research Commercialisation (ARC) Accelerator
The ARC Accelerator is specifically designed to help academics and researchers in SHAPE disciplines (Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts for People and the Economy) explore turning their research ideas into businesses or ventures to help people, society, and the economy.
Through the ARC Accelerator we aim to showcase how research commercialisation, in particular creating ventures, can provide a bold new path to enable social scientists to translate their research into solving social problems or driving economic growth.
Just as the STEM world is increasingly realising the value of ventures to scale up the impact of research, we believe the ARC Accelerator will catalyse a new era of research-backed ventures from social scientists, driving innovation across social, economic and business problems.
About the programme
The ARC Accelerator is a 7-month programme and successful applicants will benefit from:
- A half-day Business Canvas support session to explore and build on their idea
- A virtual boot-camp spread over 3 weeks led by industry experts to develop key entrepreneurial skills
- Specialised, sector-specific training, access to experts who have been there before, access to investors and access to key networks
- Dedicated mentorship support to help validate your idea, develop the business model, and support your pitch for funding or investment
- Access to business and investor networks across UKHE
- The programme concludes with a chance to pitch for up to £50,000 in prize money (Sept 2022)
Sound tempting? Watch our informative session recording on the ARC Accelerator and the support you can receive prior to submitting an application.
The deadline for entries is Friday 3 December 2021.
ARC is part of ASPECT - a Research England funded project developing a growing network of organisations working together to support innovation, entrepreneurship, and research commercialisation in social sciences.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: ARC Accelerator.