Aspect Research Commercialisation (ARC) Accelerator
The ARC Accelerator (formerly called the SUCCESS Programme) is a first-of-its-kind opportunity specifically designed to help social science academics and researchers explore turning their research ideas into businesses or ventures to help people, society and the economy.
Through the ARC Accelerator we aim to showcase how research commercialisation, in particular creating ventures, can provide a bold new path to enable social scientists to translate their research into solving social problems or driving economic growth.
Just as the STEM world is increasingly realising the value of ventures to scale up the impact of research, we believe the ARC Accelerator will catalyse a new era of research-backed ventures from social scientists, driving innovation across social, economic and business problems.
About the programme
The ARC Accelerator is a comprehensive six-month entrepreneurial skills training programme, and successful applicants will benefit from:
- A half-day Business Canvas support session to explore and build out their idea.
- A virtual training bootcamp spread over three weeks, led by industry experts, to develop key entrepreneurial skills.
- Specialised sector specific training, access to experts who have been there before, investors and key networks
- Dedicated mentorship support to help validate an idea, develop the business model and support funding or investment pitches.
- The chance to pitch for up to £50,000 in prize money at the final showcase event (subject to funder conditions).
- The programme is open to all Social Science Researchers employed by The University of Manchester.
- The application deadline for the next round of the programme is 4 December 2021.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.