Entrepreneurship for researchers
Developing entrepreneurial mind-sets in doctoral researchers enables them to apply entrepreneurial thinking to their research and to gain confidence in the commercialisation space.
Researcher Training Programmes Timetable 2022/23
All Ph.D. students
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mind-set - 2-hour workshop (Online)
- 11 October 2022 (10am – 12pm) Register Now
- 15 February 2023 (10am – 12pm)
- Developing a Business Idea for the Creative Industries – Full day workshop
- 1 November 2022 (9.30am – 4pm) Register Now
- 8 March 2023 (9.30am – 4pm)
- Generating and Shaping Ideas – Half day workshop (Online)
- 24 November 2022 (9.30am – 1pm) Register Now
- Exploring Enterprise Creation – Full day workshop
- 20 April 2023 (9.30am to 4pm) Register Now
Third and Fourth Year Ph.D. students
MCEL60091/2 Innovation and Commercialisation of Research (10-week programme)
- Semester 1 – 28 September 2022 (over 10 weeks Wednesday 10am – 12pm)
- Semester 2 – 31 January 2023 (over 10 weeks Tuesday 10am – 12pm)
In this 10-week programme, you will apply entrepreneurial thinking to develop a commercialisation idea based on your own area of research. You will also prepare a 5-minute pitch and a business proposal canvas outlining the opportunity. Throughout this programme you will develop the skills and confidence to transfer your research knowledge to the market. In addition to this there are also follow-on sessions to support you if you would like to take your idea forward.
Innovation and Commercialisation of Research
To apply for a place on the programme download the Application form
The deadline for applications to join the Semester 1 cohort is Friday 9th September 2022 so Apply now to secure a place.
Watch a video to learn more about the benefits of the programme from one of our students:
All Researchers – PDRAs/ECRs/Ph.D. Students
Innovation Academy - Researcher to Innovator (R2I) Bootcamp
An entrepreneurship training programme for aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators to trial and prepare business ideas for the commercial environment (reserved to 20 places by selection).
- Cohort 1 - 18/19 October 2022 to 27 February 2023 (Open call)
- Cohort 2 - March 2023 (Open call)
Network IQ Academy
An Insight into Network Intelligence - guides aspiring researchers, entrepreneurs and innovators through a structured process during which they build their ecosystem and learn to utilise their networks more effectively. (Online and in person)
- Cohort 1 – w/c 28 November 2022 (Open call)
- Cohort 2 - w/c 1 May 2023 (Open call)