Bright Ideas Competition
Win a prize of up to £200 for your Bright Idea!
The Bright Ideas Competition 2023 is open for entries.
Introducing the 2023 Bright Ideas Competition, designed for students like you who are ready to showcase their impactful ideas.
Whether you're passionate about fashion and want to launch your own Depop clothing store, have a brilliant app idea that could revolutionize the tech industry, or maybe you’ve identified a problem and have an exciting solution, this competition is your chance to shine!
We welcome all ideas, from cutting-edge technologies to solutions for problems affecting societies today! We want you to showcase your unique talents.
What makes a Bright Idea?
- Ideas around social/societal impact – e.g. An idea around reducing homelessness
- Side Hustle – e.g. Depop Thrift store or Etsy craft store
- Business Idea – e.g. a food business selling Indian street food at festivals
- Tech Idea – e.g Develop an app to showcase local walking spots.
- Anything else you can think of!
Who can apply?
Students from The University of Manchester. You can apply as an individual or as a team.
How to apply?
- Read the Bright Ideas 2023 Competition Terms and Conditions in full.
- Complete the online application form by 23:59 (Midnight). on Wednesday 8th November 2023 which includes a summary of your idea (up to 500 words) and a TikTok/Instagram style Reel describing your idea (max 1 minute long) (it might be easier if you type this on Word and then copy and paste into the online form).
- If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to produce an A4 sized poster, advertising and detailing your idea!
- Keep an eye on your emails! Winners will receive a cash prize of up to £200!
Terms & Conditions
Please read and accept the Bright Ideas 2023 Competition Terms and Conditions.
The Masood Entrepreneurship Centre (MEC) supports students and graduates from all Faculties and Schools through our taught units and events. MEC encourages the development of entrepreneurial skills and self-employment as a career path. If you’d like to discuss an idea with the team, you can attend a 30 minutes drop-in appointment from 9:30-11am every Friday. To book on, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.