Researcher to Innovator (R2I)
The Researcher to Innovator (R2I) bootcamp offers an introduction to commercialisation and aims to strengthen the entrepreneurial mindset of Early Career Researchers, develop their innovative thinking, as well as enhance their understanding of the commercialisation process.
The R2I bootcamp comprises of a series of interactive and informative, personal and professional development sessions, and introduces planning tools for those with ideas that may have the potential to be taken forward.
The goal of the programme is to help you:
- Understand Impact;
- Define Impact;
- Create Impact;
- Deliver Impact.
The programme is about 'personal development and preparing for a journey' by:
- Providing…knowledge that leads to understanding (things like 'Business Model Canvas' and perhaps ultimately…business plans);
- with activities to develop…your… skills and capabilities…(listening that leads to selling and networking);
- which modify your…beliefs and attitudes…(self-efficacy and resilience);
- then finally…establish…your entrepreneurial identity…(The Entrepreneur).
Dates for the 2023/24 programme:
- Information Sessions: 18th and 19th October to learn more about the programme and how to apply
- Applications Open: 19th October
- Application Deadline: 30th October
- Programme: 16th November 2023 – 19th February 2024
- Information Sessions: April 2024
- Programme: March 2024 – June 2024
To be notified of upcoming information sessions complete the form.
The Researcher to Innovator (R2I) programme has been coordinated by the University’s Innovation Academy, which brings together knowledge, expertise and routes to facilitate the commercialisation of research. It is a joint venture between the Business Engagement Team, the University of Manchester Innovation Factory and the Masood Entrepreneurship Centre.